Saturday, May 12, 2012

Cake Icing, Butt Budder and Tea Lids

Cake Icing, Butt Budder and Tea Lids
Fabulous book!, The story starts off with Delilah Thibodeaux, who is in the hospital because she just delivered a baby girl named Jezze (18 hours ago to be exact). Her sister, Edna, thinks that Delilah has had plenty of recovering time. Edna is ready for Delilah to leave the hospital so both of them can return to their bakery, Thibodeaux's Cakery. Oh, and we also learn that Delilah has not told the father of her baby that he has a daughter. I was already hooked into the book. All this drama and I had not even gotten to chapter 1 yet!


The story follows Delilah, Edna, and Jezze for about the next 25 years. We learn the secret to creating the perfect cake (it just may involve taking off a certain article of clothing). We learn that butt budder actually is an essential item that you should always have with you (who would have known). We also learn that sometimes you really should follow your heart.

You cannot help falling in love with the three southern main ladies. They each have unique personalities. I think Jezze was my favorite character. Her mother and aunt wanted to make sure she found love and Jezze had a deadline to find Mr. Right. I loved seeing her grow up and learn about all the crazy things that happened to her along the way.

loved this story. After I finished it, I was left wanting me. I totally wish there was a sequel or another story with these characters! If you like cute, romantic, funny, lighthearted reads, you will love this book too. The characters are so likable and you never know what twist is coming next. Cute story that you must read. review By Elizabeth

No comments :

Post a Comment